Sunday, September 21, 2014

SALON KITTY

As I mentioned in my post on The Last Orgy of the Gestapo, earlier this week I watched Tinto Brass's 1976 Nazi sexploitation classic Salon Kitty.  Like I mentioned in the earlier post, I didn't like it as well as the true sleazy exploitation film.


I'm not sure exactly why.  This movie has truly disgusting elements like scenes of hogs being slaughtered and gorgeous women having to make love to dwarves, hunchbacks and other beautiful women.  As evidenced by the excellent review by Ken Anderson on the blog Dreams Are What Le Cinema Is For which I posted a link to earlier, the gay guys apparently love this movie for all the over the top Nazi fetish costumes and lots of naked men, but it just didn't do much for me.

The recruits get ready to do their duty for the Fuhrer and Fatherland!

Granted, actress Teresa Ann Savoy looks real good naked and we get to see a whole lot of her that way, but for some reason the movie just falls flat for me.  But I liked the really awful Last Orgy of the Gestapo, go figure?

Teresa Ann Savoy in the "costume" she gets to wear for most of the film!

This movie is very loosely based on a real incident where the SS took over a high class brothel in Berlin, made all the whores SS agents, and then bugged the rooms and recorded the pillow talk of high ranking Nazis.  The real historical situation seems a lot more interesting than the fictional version in this movie.


I think my real problem with Salon Kitty is that it's trying too hard to be a respectable movie, rather than coming right out and going for the exploitation.   You got fabulous costumes and fancy sets and they even make an effort at having a high brow plot with political and social comment.  Last Orgy of the Gestapo was pretty much an exploitation picture from the first frame to the last.  I guess I just like my sleazy trash served up as sleazy trash and not masquerading as art.


Really? A skin tight suit with SS runes and a swastika broach! 
All the well dress Nazis have one this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment